Scenario and Strategic PLanning
What to do when...all your knowledge
is about the past and all your decisions are about
What you'll be
able to do
- Use a 7 step scenario thinking model to determine possible
scenarios both in daily work life and as part of the strategic planning process.
- Cultivate methods to recognize seemingly insignificant things that could
become essential to future success.
- Apply multi-track thinking.
- Develop action plans for each possible scenario.
- Use scenario thinking with future external-environment scanning to develop possible strategic scenarios.
- Use scenario thinking at appropriate points in the strategic planning process, to
develop scenario-based strategic plans.
- Decide the scope and depth of contingent strategy development that should
sensibly be done for each strategic scenario.
What you'll gain from scenario planning
- Confirm the overall strategy of the organization is sound, or that new,
underpinning strengths need to be added to create more robustness.
- Confirm that lower-level business choices are sound, or that new, alternative options are more robust.
- Recognize that none of the business options are robust and, therefore,
contingency planning against unfavorable futures is necessary.
- Gain sensitivity to the "early warning" elements that are precursors of desirable and
(Adapted from various works by Van Der Heijden, Kees)
1/2 Day Executive Brief
2-Day Management/Individual Contributor Outfitting
plus 1-Day Navigating The Obstacle Course Coaching©
What you'll get
- Detailed surveying and
optional interviewing of participants for course tailoring
- Additional program on
handling conflict and convincing strategies
- Substantial morning,
daytime, noon, and evening individual Navigating The Obstacle Course Coaching©
- Free digital CD: All
PowerPoint slides plus full audio transcript from prior seminars,
or if in-house, your own seminar will be recorded
- Detailed seminar workbook
- Follow-on WEBinars to
integrate performance on the job